Sunday, January 25, 2009

Falling Into Place

Well, the honey and I are in the process of getting everything into place in our new duplex. The living room is a wreck. The utility room is finally finished as is the kitchen. The bedroom is something else completely in itself. We've gotten a lot accomplished, but now I don't know where to go from what we've done. I'm hoping to have the house and half of our 3 1/2 hampers of dirty clothes done by the end of the day. With time to spend curled up with the hubby.

I went to get my license changed over Friday during my lunch hour. I walked up to the door and who else is in line in from of me but none other than Maynard. I haven't seen him in years. And that's only the second time I've seen him in 5 years - since he went to prison for molesting me. He pled guilty last Monday (the 12th) to statutory rape. So it's over. That's the end. It's finally over after 7 years. I couldn't be more ecstatic. And it happened before the wedding. Which is what I wanted.

Anyway, I guess our "lunch break" is over. It's time to get back to work. Can't the house just magically finish itself?

No comments:

Post a Comment